Labels

Sunday, March 24, 2024

#sol24 March 25 Here We Go Again

 

I had surgery at the beginning of SOL,
I'm headed back, today.
Two eyes + two cataracts = two surgeries.

This time, 
I know about all the things,
I know about all the drops,
I know to bring a blank check,
I know to bring the sun glasses.

This is a quickie.
I'll likely be home before lunch.
I'll likely have lots of time to read and comment.
I'll likely see your words better,
I'll certainly see the smudges on the walls,
I'll definitely be annoyed by the cobwebs, 
I'll be able to watch the dust bunnies multiply!

4 comments:

Denise Krebs said...

Oh, Anita, all the best! I have experienced that equation two eyes + two cataracts = two surgeries. The best part for me was seeing the full color of things after I realized my sight was affected with a sepia filter for I don't know how long.

Becky Leff said...

I had these two surgeries a couple of years ago and I love my new vision. It became much easier and less nerve wracking to drive at night. I used to see halos around all the lights - quite distracting. Best wishes for a smooth recovery and better vision!

Glenda Funk said...

Anita,
It sounds as though your first cataract surgery went well, and I hope the second one was a success, too.

Dr. Kimberly Haynes Johnson said...

I like the repeating lines here today. They give a feeling of knowing where something is when you can't exactly see well and are feeling for what you know is there and waiting for it to come into focus, like walking through the house at night. Those lines are wonderful - - I hope you can see better!