Labels

Thursday, March 14, 2024

SOL24 March 14 Clean Enough

 

It has been a dark and rainy winter and to be honest, my place was "clean enough."  I had been on a serious schedule of aquacise, Zumba, and yoga at the Y; thus, there really had not been many days when the sunshine begged me to wash smudges from the walls and cabinets. I washed the sheets and ran the vacuum when needed. Plus, I live alone and there are very, very few people who ever enter my home; thus, my place was "clean enough." 

But then, the sun came out in all it's springtime glory about two weeks after I had surgery that has improved my vision dramatically! The surgery must have caused dirt, cobwebs and dust bunnies to appear everywhere. My switch plates suddenly became smudgy and the kitchen tile looked as if no one had cared for it in a long, long time.  Don't even ask about what was happening inside my oven and fridge!

Yes, my great vision transformation has resulted in a need to do serious spring cleaning because now, my place is no longer, "clean enough!"

3 comments:

sspelic said...

Entirely relatable post. How we determine what our "clean enough" is can certainly vary depending on time and circumstances. There's a nice bit of levity as you explain the shift in your perceptive powers thanks to eye surgery. Happy cleaning!

arjeha said...

So, is that a curse or a blessing of the surgery? Kathy was the same way after her cataract surgery. She couldn't believe what she had not seen before.

Joanne Rayches said...

Glad that your surgery was successful. I have cleaning at the bottom of my list. Yes I change the bed linens and vacuum not as often as one might like. I also live alone. I love when it gets all tidy and neat and that usually happens when I ask this wonderful woman who comes here sporadically-what she accomplishes in three hours would have me still walking in circles trying to get started. It's just not a high priority.