Labels

Sunday, March 10, 2024

#sol24 March 10 Years Younger

 

I wore glasses most of my life; although, I did wear contact lenses for a few years. To be honest, my image of myself is with glasses and I reach for them even when I awake in the middle of the night and when I look at myself in the mirror. 

Yet, all of a sudden, thanks to the miracle of cataract surgery in just one eye, I no longer need glasses to drive or walk through life!

To be honest, I have been concerned that I look much older without my glasses that I thought hid my wrinkles. I have been concerned I look much older without mascara (which I must give up for a few while). To be honest, I have been missing my glasses and my old life, until today.

"You look 10 years younger," she began, "with your bright eyes dancing free of your glasses."\

"Are your serious?" I asked, as I felt old, naked and exposed in this new format of me.

"Oh yes, she added," you look great without glasses!

In my desire to be honest, I will likely be wearing glasses again to work on computers, to see up close, and to circumvent parts of my world.  

Yet, today, a friend made my day!  

Too bad that she too needs her eyes fixed!

5 comments:

arjeha said...

As someone who has worn glasses since second grade, I couldn't tell you how I look without them. Can't see a thing if I am not wearing them. Anyway, I know so many people who have had cataract surgery and no longer need glasses full time. Mine are still growing and not ready for removal.

Tbreit said...

I only wear glasses to drive but often forget them when I am at a conference and need them to see the big screens! I like this format of using the repeated line "To be honest" I will play with that! Thank you!

Amyilene said...

I started wearing glasses when I was twelve and didn't commit to contacts until masks made it impossible to see and breathe at the same time. I now vacillate between the two and I am always curious about the reactions....some folks like me with glasses & some prefer me without. I just like to see!

Britt Decker said...

I have been wearing glasses consistently for a few years, but I've recently started wanting to wear my contacts. It's easier with three little boys now haha. My students hadn't seen me in contacts, so they freaked out when I returned from medical leave

Betsy Hubbard said...

Glasses will be in my future soon.
Glad you got a little boost of confidence today.