Labels

Monday, March 18, 2024

#sol24 March 18 I Needed Potting Soil

 

I had not been there in many, many years; yet, I needed potting soil, seeds, an 8 X 8 pan, and tissues and the prices would likely be better.  So, I parked and headed towards the entrance of the great big, in person version of Walmart.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a windswept empty cart was headed my way. It was either stop it or it would do damage to someone's car!  So, I braced myself for impact and stopped the wayward cart taking my breath away if only for a moment.

I turned that cart around and headed towards the entrance.  I was not yet inside the store when I felt a sharp pain in my ankle that was certainly someone else's shopping cart. It took my breath away, if only for a moment.

I headed to the crowded outdoor area, but on the way there, I noticed a great price on an organic vegetable broth, and grabbed 2 boxes. Then, I saw a great price on paper towels and grabbed a package along with a roll of parchment paper. I made a short detour towards greeting cards and bought quite a few for upcoming events. I picked up a package of markers and one of construction paper and eyed the brand new porch rockers. I debated. They were new and shiny but I certainly did not need them.  Mine would be fine with some fresh paint. 

Finally I reached the outdoor area and loaded a small bag of potting soil into my cart. I walked over to the huge seed area. There were so many to choose from and my mind wandered to four years ago when there were no seeds to be found anywhere! When I returned to reality, my cart was gone! Nowhere around! Certain someone had wandered off with my cart and then abandoned it, I search with no luck. This made me mad, for more than a moment.

I headed all the way back to the entrance to get new cart, seeds in hand. I was almost all the way back to the cart area and there was my very own cart with the potting soil, assorted loot, and my distinctive Stew Leonard's shopping bag! This led to me taking a very deep breath before I headed to the nearby check out.

"I think I should stop while I am ahead, " I thought to myself confident the trek to find tissues and an 8 X 8 pan would lead to more unnecessary purchases and new challenges.
 

No comments: