Like many others, I sigh deeply when that ominous green postcard arrives in the mail. Why me? Why now? But, it came for me, again, and I went, again, doing my part, reluctantly, even though in the end, I never really did anything besides drive there, pay for exorbitant parking, and try to keep my emotions in check in uncomfortable chairs. (I must be vague!) I am left with a multitude of thoughts about the time absorbing, cumbersome system as well as the people available/chosen to serve in the role of deciding the fate of peers. I wonder if my own experience represents a cross section of potential jurors and how often decisions are made outside of the courthouse?
Juries of our peers is required
By our Constitution based on
Life in the Middle Ages
Random selection from
Voter lists they say
Some never called
Others called
Like me
Why?
No comments:
Post a Comment