Labels

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Goals, I Have a Few

In my district (and in many others) part of teachers' Annual Professional Practice Review (end of the year grade) is determined by the evidence we show towards our established "goals" for the year.  I really, really, really need to finalize my "goals" for the 2012-2013 school year because my meeting is looming; however, every time I start to write up my goals, they change. So, for the sake of trying to sort out my thinking, I am going to write down some of the things I would like to do!  

* do everything in my power to make every child have the strategies they need to be an effective reader and writer
* provide books that every child wants to read including Captain Underpants, comic books, and graphic novels galore...whatever it takes! 
* make sure every child wants to read because everybody around them wants them to enjoy books rather than because they will get a higher score on the ELA
* make writing workshop a place where every child writes for every teacher about personally interesting topics and gets feedback that encourages them to write more
* wear a t-shirt to school every day that lists Cambourne's conditions for learning so that everyone will think  every day about the impact of their words and never  get negative feedback for their attempt at learning
* plan and do a summer reading program for kids
* plan and do a summer writing program for kids
* write a book to help make sure that every teacher of struggling readers and writers know that it is teachers, not programs, that need to be differentiated to assure all kids can learn....
* publish my easy readers because they really are exciting when kids are just starting out of the box




This is Anita.
She is ready to go. 
She has lots of goals.


 

No comments: