Labels

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Not feeling particularly anything today

I'm home sick, really sick, from school today for the first time in many, many years.  Moms just don't get sick enough to stay home very often.  Women who care for elderly parents are needed on that front, too.  Teachers who teach grad school in the evening do not dare to miss a class unless they are in the hospital! 

I'm feeling like I let my guard down just enough for the sickies to move in!  Yes, I had that old flu shot and, yes, I take massive Vitamin C every single day, and yes I disinfect the table and my hands many times during the day. 

Usually, I am able to beat off the colds and flu with heavy doses on Airborne and some extra Vitamin C.  Usually, I am able to wish it away or sweat away that nagging cough that disrupts sleep and scares those around me!  Usually, I will myself to stay healthy by keeping a distance from the sickies. 

All in all, it is just a bad cold - virus - perhaps the flu that has brought me to spend the day in my bathrobe on the couch.  All in all, I've caught up on What Not To Wear, Devine Design and even caught glimpses of Honey Boo Boo (don't bother with that one).  I've read everything on my Kindle and tried to do some grad school work; however, my focus is warped by the sickness that has ravaged my body. 

All in all, I've consumed my volume in tea and my weight in fruit while popping Tylenol and Mucinex around the clock. I guess it is just a lost day and perhaps we all need one of them every decade?  Hope it is a while before I'm back in this seat! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh no!! Not you!! Must be a super "germ".....it seems to be hitting those of us who don't get sick!! Really hope you feel better quick!!