Labels

Monday, September 21, 2020

#sol2020 Things I Never Could Have Imagined

 

I've spent a lifetime in schools, as a student, teacher, mentor, and THOUGHT I had heard and seen everything; however, this fall, I am teaching grad students, observing a kindergarten virtual school, and homeschooling a preschooler, providing me with some interesting observations on learning remotely.  There are many things I never could have imagined. 

  • "You will have to pretend those due dates aren't in the syllabus because school hasn't started!"
  • "It looks like a cat is coming to writers' workshop today.  Can cats write?"
  • "I don't want to color.  I just want to play"
  • "I'm walking home, professor, but I hear you loud and clear."
  • "Not sure who sneezed, but bless you."
  • "I'm not sure what the number of my Breakout group was?"
  • "Un-mute yourself."
  • "How do you do observations virtually?"
  • "Stop playing with your mouse!"
  • "Pay attention." **** some things are normal....teachers have been saying this forever....

No comments: