Labels

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Light Amid the Darkness


 The lights began piercing the darkness
Before turkeys went into ovens.
Professionally trimmed trees and eaves,
Lovingly dressed gardens and tree homes,
Carefully draped porches and shrubs,
Garishly filled Santas and snowmen.

In years past,
I might have thought,  
"Why are they rushing the season?" 
This year,
I might have thought,
"How can we celebrate amidst the pandemic?"

Today, 
I think I might have some of the answers:
We are looking for hope despite fear,
We are seeking peace within despair,
We are seeking normality in spite of disruption,
We are hoping for smiles rather than tears,
We are trying to ease the sadness,
We are wanting to fill the holes at tables,
We are running full speed into 2021,
We are trying to find light amid the darkness.
I think it might be helping.




1 comment:

Ramona said...

Oh, what a hopeful post. I needed this today.