Labels

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

#sol23 August 8 Birthday Cards

 

I went birthday card shopping at the nearby Hallmark Paper Store hoping to find just the right card for a couple of upcoming family birthdays. Just a few years ago, the store was half-filled with cards; today, cards are tucked into two rows at the back of the store with clothes and  tchotchke filling the space. 

I had already been to my local CVS and there was not a single card at any price that fit any of my birthday card needs, TO be honest, even at the local card home base, the pickings were thin.

I stood in the aisle thinking about last week's post about mail and I started wondering if  cards are going the way of letter writing?  I thought about my Grandmother's special birthday book where every birth, death, marriage, divorce and address change was recorded. 

Then, I turned red with shame, because to be honest, I have long been HORRIBLE about remembering and sending birthday cards and Google is my address book!

Perhaps, this should be my birthday resolution?  



2 comments:

Melanie Meehan said...

I think it's common to have gotten less compulsive about card sending. Google, email, and texting has made it a lot easier. I appreciate your capture of the moment and your reflection within it!

Debbie said...

Yes, I've noticed a severe lack of choice for cards-especially Christmas cards. People have just quit sending cards, so they too, will fade away in the wind.