Labels

Tuesday, July 28, 2026

SOL26 July 28: Mop, Mopped, and Still Mopping

 I'm writing with the SOL Community today. 

It was yesterday, but they were predicting it for today even though the skies had been overcast and the air smelled like after football practice. I even checked Accuweather and the storms seemed to be rolling to the north. Then, it started to rain and to thunder and there was more rain mixed with hail and even more rain. Cars, roads, small bridges, power, and the internet were all lost; yet, miraculously, no lives were lost in this third "Storm of the Century" in 10 days! My issues can all be fixed with a mop. 

I headed into the basement, cautiously,
After not finding water the last two times
I was really feeling optimistic, so I went,
Barefooted, with a tiny flashlight scanning
Finding just what I expected, the need for my mop.
I returned with boots and mopped. 
I flopped into bed, dreaming of mops
The power is back and it's raining again,
I am on a break, but I have been mopping. 
Grateful that's all I need!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been watching the storm damage coverage on the news programs, and I feel for all of those who have lost so much. I know how you feel because whenever we have bad storms here I constantly check the basement to see if we have water. My greatest fear is always that the power will go out and our sump will stop working. Glad that a mop will take care of your water issue. arjeha

Anonymous said...

I hope it stops soon. Weather if off this summer. Here in part of Minnesota we could use a bit of your rain just not the storm part. Hope all is well!