Labels

Monday, August 17, 2026

August 17: Ethical ELA: Darkness

Today's Ethical ELA Host, Joanne Emery, asks us to think of a memory of being in "nature," in the woods, at the ocean, on a mountain trail and reflect on the images and that moment. I focused on beach memories at first and then I thought about Joanne and her Forest Bathing! I reflected on those hikes with my dad to fire towers and with my children, long ago, on Sunday afternoons. This moment of family lore should have became a lesson to us all on hiking responsibly!   

Laundry, dishes on hold,
I followed eager hikers
Trudging through protected
Ice and snow remains, family
Banter entertaining us until
Our path disappeared into 
Darkness.

It may have been hours, or
Minutes as time was lost to
Internal panic, crushing cold,
Only the sound of our breathing,
Our steps cautious, labored until
A glimmer in the darkness. 




No comments: