Labels

Monday, June 4, 2012

Time to write?

I'm participating in Teachers Write! this summer and today is Mini-Lesson Monday: Making Time.  How can I find time to write?

1. What you found that you might be able to cut out of your schedule or cut back on to make time to write. I know that I cannot cut out exercise, but I thought about it!  I know that I need to exercise my body and my mind in equal proportions AND I would REALLY like to finish some of the many started drafts in my computer!  So, after school gets out, I will try to spend as much time WRITING as I do exercising (walking).  It will be a good blend and encourage me to exercise more too!  Until school gets out?  IDK! 

2. When you’ll be writing each day & for how long. Remember to be realistic. 15 minutes is fine to start. I'm going to start by devoting at least 20 minutes a day - my minimum exercise time.  It will at least be a start.  AND, the key will be writing - not doing grad school or day school work!

3. Where you’ll usually write. This can be different places on different days, depending on your schedule.
I have a lovely office now - a desk / table and my computer - but I really want to start to use my tablet more.

4.Who you told about your plans. Remember, sharing your writing plans with the people in your life helps to make them real and reminds your family & friends to give you that space for writing.
Here it is....set out on the digital divide.  My promise...to myself :)

8 comments:

Amy Rudd said...

Sounds like you got your plan all figured out! I love how you shared it with "the digital divide"...want to be check in buddies?

Linda B said...

Best wishes in all your plans, Anita. I'll look for you in the group.

wakeupandwrite said...

Wow - all of you entering this challenge are inspiring me - I'm going to have to check it out. I'm not sure I'm up to it but I'm going to love hearing from all of you.

Tara @ A Teaching Life said...

ou are ready to go - space and projects all mapped out. Good for you!

JenniferM said...

Way to go! Hope to see you along the way! :-)

BK said...

I just found this Teachers Write project. How cool and so realistic. Good luck on your road ahead, just for you. Perfect thinking
Bonnie

Stacey Shubitz said...

It's all about balance.

And yes, writing is just as important as exercising. You can't cut either of 'em!

Nanc said...

I love to walk also. I realized this year that I use the time to reffect and that sometimes I get an idea or two. Our lives are so crazy and I'm glad that you have a plan.