Labels

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Nerdy Book Club Blogger

Today is a pretty exciting day in my "writerly life."  I am the guest blogger at the Nerdy Book Club!  The hardest part of writing the "retro review" was deciding WHICH BOOK to write about!  So, I queried my daughter who QUICKLY suggested that Pooh was the one! 

As I was writing this review of Winnie the Pooh, I really did notice that the challenging vocabulary of this "rigorous" text was probably very much in line with the CCSS and a very important way to stretch our children as readers and thinkers.  I also was reminded of powerful memories of snuggling with my own children on my bed as we explored the magical world of Winnie and his friends.  

However, when I saw my name in print, I felt JUST LIKE TIGGER!  I could have bounced all the way to the Hundred Acre Woods! 

http://nerdybookclub.wordpress.com/2012/08/09/retro-review-winnie-the-pooh-and-the-house-at-pooh-corner-by-a-a-milne/

Winnie the Pooh

No comments: