Thanks to Ruth Ayers, I am reflecting on the small celebrations of my week:
* Students, even the ones who struggle mightily, have not only recovered their "summer slide" but also soared ahead assuring me, once again, that good foundations for reading and writing hold up through the summer!
* My mother, who had taken to her bed just a week ago and assured us all that she was "done," decided it was time to get her hair done the other day assuring me, once again, that a good hairdresser will carry you through many of life's adversities!
* I spent the morning with a dear friend sharing memories, stories, lives, and books. Our lives were bonded by our shared love for reading, writing, our families and books. Things haven't changed one bit even if I only get to see her a few times a year assuring me that real friends share a bond that surpasses distance and time.
* Then there was "date night" at the Depot in order to pick up a water heater! This week, my husband will go beyond the "requirements" of his "job" but will certainly make this world a better place when he installs it for someone who really needs it!
* As we pulled into the "Depot" parking lot, a fireworks display, in the distance, was there to mark the occasion. I know that they did not do this for "him" but it somehow assured me that good deeds, no matter how small, do not go unnoticed. http://poughkeepsiejournal.com/ http://pojonews.co/1phGUzt