Labels

Thursday, April 16, 2020

#pandemicmemory 4/16/20 Price of Gas

I am writing today because I want to remember a small moment from yesterday that left me thinking.

I don't get out much these days as I am hunkered down at hone, trying to do my part to help flatten the curve of the invisible enemy terrorizing the NYC and her suburbs.. I know I am not the only one staying home as my road is quiet as can be most of the time. I haven't been to a store or even to the local CVS in over a month!  I can't even remember the last time I bought gas! I' e officially become a hermit.

Yesterday, I had to mail a letter and fortunately I had a stamp; however, for some reason, I decided to take it to the post office myself rather than leaving the envelope for the mail carrier! Perhaps it was the isolation talking or perhaps it was my desire to see further than I can safely walk in isolation; whatever the reason, I was shocked to drive by the gas station and see the price of gas!  

At first, I though I was imagining what I saw or that perhaps this gas station had closed; however, there seemed to be a car at the pumps!  I glanced to my gas gauge promising to fill up on my way back; however, I still had more than half a tank of gas! 

These are scary, unprecedented times to be sure. These are devastating, destructive times for families and businesses. These are times that make us all want to get our affairs in order and to be prepared, just in case. These are times when I do not need to buy gas and the price is

$1.84 /gallon
And, I have no place to go,

No comments: