Labels

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

#sol22 Thankful, Grateful, Concerned, and Hopeful, too

 

Thankful
It's been a while since I blogged but l am thankful for a most special "reader" who nudges me to blog,  the opportunity to share with the next generation of teachers, and a tiny miracle who will be gracing our table (along with her parents, grandparents, siblings and cousins) this year (even if she is not yet eating food).

Grateful

I am grateful that I pulled myself out of my solitude and into the cold weekend where I found a bit of holiday spirit,  I'm pretty sure my Mom was smiling as we sipped clam chowder and I'm pretty sure it was not just luck that I won a 50/50 raffle at the Community Orchestra's Holiday Concert, because I never (usually) win.


Concerned

I must admit I am (and have been) concerned about the many hate crimes, blaming words, and destructive behaviors that attempt to pit one group against another and paralyze our nation.  I must admit I am devastated about the continuing gun violence that shatters lives and families while stealing the peace our forefathers hoped they were working towards. 


Hopeful

Finally, I am hopeful that I will make the time to reflect and write more often.  I am also hopeful that each of you who finds themselves reading this blog post finds some peace and joy during this week of reflection on our many blessings even amidst our many challenges and strife.  I am hopeful you will take the time to count your blessings and open your heart like those Wampanoag Native Americans we celebrate this week.









6 comments:

Vivian Chen said...

Thank you Anita for sharing and for the reminder to count our blessings--something I don't do often enough.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. The new addition is absolutely beautiful 💕. Enjoy every moment with her. Miss you my friend.

Denise Krebs said...

Anita, this is a hope-filled post. Thanks for sharing. I haven't been blogging either for a couple of months, so your caption intrigued me. I appreciate the call to grateful appreciation. Thanks.

arjeha said...

Your post is so appropriate for this week. We do have much to be thankful and grateful for. Your new addition is just precious. There are many troubling things going on in our country and the world, yet we must maintain that glimmer of hope. Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving.

Stacey Shubitz said...

Look at that precious bundle of blessings and joy. ENJOY having this new addition to at your Thanksgiving gathering!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the encouraging words of hope Anita. May we all take a moment , pause, and give thanks for the blessings we have, regardless of the world that seems so much out of control around us. Be at peace.