Labels

Saturday, December 24, 2022

12-24-22 Traditions Matter

"Normally," 

Although not in recent years,

My family has gathered for 7 Fishes

After a day of cleaning and cooking.

This year, might have been one of those years

Filled with cooking, cleaning and excitement.

However, thanks to Covid, once again,

I am home with no plans to entertain.

Yet, like every year, I find myself

Cleaning the house from stem to stern

Like my Mother did every Christmas Eve,

"In preparation for the Baby Jesus"

She would claim

While I suspect she just wanted to

Keep anxious young ones busy.

"Traditions matter," I smiled as 

I cleaned under the stove just now.

I wish the 10s of people who still read my blog

A Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and 

Traditions that don't require a vacuum.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Traditions do matter and so do you. Sometimes we have to hold those traditions in our memory and close to our heart. Merry Christmas, Anita

Anonymous said...

Anita, it’s the traditions that make us smile during the holidays. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas 🎄 Deb Scofield