Labels

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

#sol23 A Slice of Waterfront Property


I have long yearned for waterfront property
A house or even a condo right on the ocean
Is not realistic
Prices are insane,
Hurricanes keep on coming,
But, my dream has not faded!

I've recently wondered if a house or condo on a lake
Might be possible.
The price is less,
 The risk from a hurricane is reduced,
The view might just do?

Yesterday's storm offered me a chance
To try out a waterfront property
Right in my own backyard.
To the enjoyment of at least one.

These once in a lifetime storms
Seem to be happening a few times a year.
Yet, even hauling wet rugs
Has not dulled my dream
Of a waterfront view!










2 comments:

Maureen said...

I love your positive spin on what must have been a trying experience -
"...offered me a chance
To try out a waterfront property
Right in my own backyard."
You got a chuckle out of me, with that! I hope that storm is followed by days of sunshine.

arjeha said...

Where would we be without our dreams. Outlook and attitude are everything. Years ago our finished basement was flooded. We didn't have a waterfront property, but we did have an indoor swimming pool.