Labels

Thursday, July 30, 2026

July 30: Mama Forte

"I just got back from hiking the Rain Forest in Costa Rico," she said softly in the same tone one might use to say they had soft serve ice cream last night,  We were standing under the hair dryers in the locker room acknowledging the very hard but wonderful class we had just endured was contributing to stronger bodies than we might have had when we were busy balancing kids, careers, life. I listened in awe to her tale of hiking down a cliff with a rope and a guide. To be honest, I am not sure I could do it, but I sure would want to try! 

"He called me Mama Forte when we got back to the top!" she smile proudly as I clapped for my friend who has worked hard to assure that the fluff-muffins many of us sport as we get older do not mean we have to stop trying to be as strong as we can possibly be. 

I was smiling as I emerged back into another day of gray drizzle at 9 AM even if I was headed home to some more mopping. I may not have hiked in Costa Rico, but I did the same class as my friend, Mama Forte!
Mother Strong Stock Illustrations – 3,260 Mother Strong Stock Illustrations, Vectors & Clipart - Dreamstime

1 comment:

kim Johnson said...

Love, love, love the humor of the fluff muffins......mine rises and falls and rises and falls.....I need to do some climbing and some yoga. Thanks for the laugh and the reminder!