It's Tuesday and I am sharing with my SOL Community. about a bit of my life.
I am lucky to swim a lot during the summer. Early in the summer, I don't know exactly when, I noticed a pair of sneakers on the edge of the parking lot. They were worn, but certainly not worn out by any means! I wondered if a young child had one of those, "I can't walk any more," moments and was scooped up by a parent who did not notice the dropped shoes in the ruckus!
Those shoes were still there the next time and the next time after that, pretty much in the same position. I wondered why the lawn people did not move them to the lost and found? I wondered if they were expecting the owners to be searching for the shoes? I wondered if the child was stuck wearing Crocs all summer? How could they run and climb?
It's been at least a month, maybe more, and the shoes are still there. I wonder if the child is wandering barefoot this summer or if the parents just headed to DSW (a shoe warehouse) for replacements because kids feet grow like weeks? I wonder if the parents are still searching their car, carry bags and closets? I wonder if they have anything left to give after the summer heat and rain? I wonder if they will soon be in the landfill.


5 comments:
I wonder what kind of story that sneaker would tell if it wrote things down. I love all of the wondering in this. Seeing one thing out of place can really stir the imagination with all kinds of stories. Arjeha
I think this would make a fun story idea for a class - either a story from the sneakers’ perspectives or a story about finding them there. I appreciated your wonder today.
Each of your wonderings could be a story! I love how this abandoned pair of shoes captured your curiosity.
This was great, Anita...wondering and speculating. My husband and I do this all the time we come across something out of the ordinary. :)
Anita, so many wonderings about that pair of shoes. I had some of my own while I read it, and I appreciated seeing all the bolded "wondering" in your piece.
Post a Comment