It's clearly fall, I thought as I walked among the acorn debris left by aggressive squirrels into the brilliant sunshine peeking over the horizon leading my thoughts to the Buddha message, If you light a lamp for anyone, it will brighten your path," It's a bit funny that message and the bright sunshine should merge with my thinking about Karma, that ancient idea that our actions, good or bad, boomerang back to us over time.
It has happened multiple times this week. People using the actions of others (including me) for their own benefit, taking advantage of abundance of waste in business or over billing claims. Those in education likely have experience with people claiming ownership of your work or ideas; yet, it is far more a widespread practice that makes me sad as well as apprehensive for their future.
Yeah, yeah yeah....everybody does it, maybe, but that does not make it right! Even though I am headed shortly to visit the big boss, I sure do not need the dark side of Karma.

No comments:
Post a Comment