Labels

Saturday, February 1, 2014

#celebrateu Legacies

I was not planning to link up to Ruth Ayer's Celebrate this week.  It was a busy, stressful week and there is "stuff on my plate" this weekend!  Yet, as  I checked my email, Twitter and Facebook feeds, there were reminders that this has been a week filled with things to celebrate!
So.......
Discover. Play. Build.


1) One of my nieces, scored her 1000 point (and then a few more) in a HS basketball game last night!  Holy moly, that is a lot of points.  I suspect her many years of playing family-driveway-ball are paying off!    http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/article/20140131/SPORTS01/140131013

2) While waiting to congratulate the sharp shooter, I snapped a shot of my son's HS jersey that hangs in that same gym!  I suspect his many years of watching and admiring his older cousins contributed to his own legacy of tackles, leadership and perseverance.




Embedded image permalink

3) Thanks to the world of you tube, the "reasons" I watch the Super Bowl, "leak" onto the internet "early" and the "best" will be highlighted on Twitter.  Thus, I might just get to work on next week's grad school Powerpoint during the Super Bowl!  I am grateful that this adorable commercial filled with puppy love and Clydesdale horses (a legacy in the advertising world)  can be watched again and again!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQB7QRyF4p4

4)  Last, but certainly not least, a local legend and one of the great heroes of our time, Pete Seeger, passed away this week.  His messages will be forever immortalized in his own songs and in those he mentored during his journey here on earth.  I hope his legacy of compassion, service and respect for our planet will endure as long as his songs.  
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/01/28/pete-seeger-best-songs/4957543/
AFP_526474745


8 comments:

Terje said...

The power of Saturday celebrations sends us looking for gems even when we don't feel like it. I am glad you wrote.

Michelle Haseltine said...

I've had weeks where I resist posting too. I'm so glad you changed your mind. Your voice would've been missed! So glad you found things to celebrate!

Linda B said...

I'm happy to hear about your good moments, too, Anita. How wonderful for your daughter, and to see your son's jersey is like an exclamation point for that evening. Yes, I'll watch the super bowl, this time for the Broncos, but I usually do something else too. I'm not the most focused tv watcher! Enjoy the weekend, and thanks for more Pete Seeger-what gifts he gave us!

Tara said...

Funny you started out with the sentiment you shared, Anita, I too was not going to share today for a variety of reasons that are not cheerful nor hopeful...but I saw others' had, and I thought...this will be a good thing to do, to focus on, in the midst of all the other not-so-good stuff. And...I am glad I did - just as you are! It's great to find things to celebrate - no matter what...

Julieanne said...

I'm glad you shared. I think these posts are really important especially when you don't feel like there is much or time to celebrate. Those legacies matter. And the Bud commercial - made me smile. Thanks.

elsie said...

Just when you think you can step away, something pulls you in and before you know it a post is written and shared. Sounds like there are many athletes in your family.

Julie Johnson said...

I'm so glad you took the time to write. Saturday Celebrations are powerful...we can't stay away. I think they are especially important in these stressful lives we lead. I hope you have a wonderful week.

Loralee said...

Thank you for sharing, Anita. (Wow! Your son's uniform is on the wall!)

Thank you, too, for giving the time to encourage me.