Labels

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Endings and Beginnings

I've walked quite a few miles, read quite a few books, and watched quite a few Hallmark-ish (happy ending) movies as I've tried to relax, reflect, repair my own heart, and plan for a new and very different year during this end of the year week. I've also watched the joy of un-decorating trees, finding neighborhood lights, opening packages, going down slides, and enjoying the mall decoration for the "first" time!  These, a tiny miracle in the making, and the New Year's reminder of the potential for new beginnings might be some of the reasons that as this year comes to an end, I am hopeful for the future.

Thus, this song, which I had never heard until yesterday, sings to my heart as one year comes to an end and inevitably a new one begins.  Bonnie Kaplan used these words it to frame images of our writing community that she will publish this week.  Last night, it shaped my Hallmark-infused New Year's Eve and with a little bit of luck, it might just shape a year!

http://www.tomchapin.com/docs/lateotd.html

So reach out a hand
To those you love most,
And mourn for those gone away,
We'll count up out losses,
We'll bound up our wounds,
And tomorrow we'll face a new day.

Happy New year wallpaper:





























































No comments: