Labels

Friday, May 1, 2020

Sometimes


Sometimes, 
I look at the weather, noticing,
Not only what is happening here,
But also, what it's like up there,
So far away.

Some days,
I think about sharing the joys and challenges
Not only the adorable things
But also, Zoom chats, Duo calls
That connect us.

Some people,
Told me this would get easier,
Not only would I grow to accept the loss,
We would grow to understand,
Time would help. 

Yet,
We are still struggling,
We are seeking peace,
We are reminded
Hold tight to
Family, friends,
Sunrises.






2 comments:

Ramona said...

I love this! Copying it for my little notebook of favorites.

Carol Varsalona said...

Great job with this poem. Have you seen my invitation to my upcoming #NatureNurtures2020 Gallery? I'd like to invite you to join in the writing challenge (https://beyondliteracylink.blogspot.com/2020/04/nature-nurtures-special-invitation.html)