Labels

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

#sol23 July 25 You Have Money

 

For teachers, there are no 'end of the year' bonuses, nor are there 'bonuses' for helping struggling exceed their goals. There are simply the 'pay steps' in full view of anyone who wants to search the internet.

So, when my niece sent me a note saying, simply, 'you have money' on an unclaimed funds site, it felt like sort of a 'once in a lifetime bonus' that I immediately explored.

Magically, in just a week, the unclaimed funds were at my house as if they had been sitting out there in cyberspace just waiting to be found! While a far cry from an annual bonus for a CEO, it was a lovely surprise.

Leading me to an unexpected dilemma of what to do with my 'windfall.'  I realize I don't have the stress I would have if I won the lottery, but I don't want to put my found money into my general funds!  

I could provide finder fees to my nieces; that would be fair.  OR
I could go to a spa for a massage; that would be fun. OR
I could donate it to the local back to school backpacks for kids fund; that would be generous. OR
I could go on a shopping spree; that would be fun, but I don't need anything. OR
I could take a lucky someone to dinner and a movie; but, it would be hard to decide who to take!

Thank heavens I did not win the lottery!  I would be a mess!

2 comments:

arjeha said...

Congratulations on your windfall. Any of your ideas sound good. I vote for a finder's fee and the rest spent on treating yourself. You deserve it.

Anonymous said...

So many good ideas. I’m sure you’ll make just the right choice!