Today is the second day of the September Ethical ELA Open Write. Kim Johnson is hosting and asking us to consider what we are getting back to? She suggests we consider: Back to the future? Back to school? I'm taking the prompt from where I am to where I hope to be. I admit I am a bit of an optimist who wants to remain hopeful even when life and the news seems hard..
I have been reluctant to hope,
Crammed with worry about my family, friends,
Anxious about aging, loneliness,
Distraught for our splintered nation,
Nervous about gruff international interactions
Aggrieved by lying and self-centered behaviors.
I hope the see more signs of kindness where
We stop what we are doing to help others,
Signs of growing and changing family, friends plowing
Forward through storms and challenges of life
Glimpses of respectful disagreement, dialog,
Problem-solving devoid of name calling, blame,
Honor and respect for diverse ideas, philosophies, beliefs,
Kindness, honesty, compassion on at all levels.
No comments:
Post a Comment