Labels

Thursday, September 3, 2026

Spiritual Thursday:: Sept 3: Waves


Ramona is hosting Spiritual Thursday today and has asked us to consider her OLW, rhythm. 

.


I was thinking about my cousin as I walked this morning in a light, for the moment, rain before another thunder event rolled through. They're beginning rehab from a biggie-life-event and asked only for prayers?  

For many in these parts, my son and grandchildren, it was also back to school day in an effort to get them settled before Labor Day Weekend. 

I was thinking of them both as I walked this morning in a light, for the moment, rain before another thunder event rolled through. Ramona's OLW reverberated in my head as the waves, angered by the looming storm, rolled onto the sand. 

Walking on the beach, in the rain, with my midweek-beach-trip over, assured of another storm,  I could not help but count my blessings (retired teacher status and health) as I walked and prayed for them. The rhythm of the waves was relentless like the challenges of living. 

I am pretty sure that the sun peeking through the clouds even in the rain was a promise of hope. 



Relentless, those waves
Like life's many challenges
Sun promises hope




 

1 comment:

arjeha said...

Angry waves lashing out at the beach. Gentle waves lapping the shore. Rhythms change as do the rhythms of our lives. Bob