Labels

Tuesday, September 22, 2026

SOL26: New Season


I'm sharing with my tens of readers and SOL Community today. 


This season is confused, 
Leading to drenching rains
During football, soccer games.
It's stressful, exhausted teachers 
Wrangling unwilling learners
Presenting the same old curriculum
Word smithed by think tank wanna-bes

Yet, I have always found joy in this season, 
Crisp mornings and sun-kissed afternoons,
Familiar sweaters retrieved from closet repose,
School jitters transitioning into learning,
A week filled with very special birthdays,
Plus, a message, "I'm home!"
Filling my heart with happiness, hope.

3 comments:

Linda @wherewerv said...

Although I’ve been retired four years (already!), this feels familiar! I really like the format, too.

Margaret Simon said...

Thanks for the hopeful, happy second stanza. The beginning of the school year is such a grind. There is a turn of the season, though, that is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

"Yet I have always found joy in the season..." May that homecoming happiness carry you through. There is joy when you least expect it, I hope!