Labels

Thursday, March 15, 2012

SOL 15 APPR - it's a slice of life these days


Annual Professional Performance Review

It's a slice of teachers' lives
Please sing along with me to the tune of YMCA.
APPR
Teach-er, there's no need to feel down
I said teacher-er, pick yourself off the ground
I said teach-er, it's all over town
There's - no - need - to - worry!

Teach-er, there's something you should know
I said teach-er, worry, but t let it show
You'll make it, and I'm sure you will find
Ways - to - get- through -this - time

We can't avoid A.P.P.R
Everybody's got some A.P.P.R
Somehow we'll endure
Just make a fair plan, that's for sure

We can't avoid A.P.P.R
Everybody's got some A.P.P.R
You can get observed more,
Think of this as your core,

Teach-er, are you listening to me
I said teach-er, politics caused this be
I said teach-er, just be the best you can be
But - you've - got- to - know - this - one - thing

No teach-er, does it all by themself
I said teach-er, put your pride on the shelf'
It's coming
To  your school and mine
Just - remember - why - you - became - a - teacher...

5 comments:

Tara @ A Teaching Life said...

This put a big smile on my face...you chose just the right song for a tune, as well.

wakeupandwrite said...

This was fun! thanks

Amy Rudd said...

Wow Anita,
I gather the APPR is a rather serious event...is it meant for good or bad?
What are the components?
What's your state? Is this politically motivated?

drferreriblogspot.com said...

Sorry that I did not explain APPR - guess that could be a post or 6 of their own...it is a HUGE initiative to evaluate teachers and give them "grades" that has resulted from accepting Race to the Top dollars from Washington. http://usny.nysed.gov/rttt/teachers-leaders/

Dana said...

You can't help but smile to that tune. A fun slice.