Labels

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Joy, an update

I've tried to do the OLW Challenge from TWT before, but until this year and I have never shared my word. This year, "my word came to me!" (as I shared in January) and I bravely decided it would be a public GOAL even if I failed in my journey to live with JOY in my heart
Image
Some days it's been tough.
I could never have imagined that when those speed bumps of life popped into my path that that I would make an effort to find a way to hold onto JOY. Even when I have been worried-beyond-belief about others. Even when I have been mad-as a hornet at others.  Even when I have cried those silent tears of frustration, sadness, worry. Even when my prayers were heard, but not answered in exactly the way I would have wanted.  It hasn't been easy to choose joy every day.  Some days, it would have been MUCH easier to choose "Mad-As-Hell and Not Taking This Any More"  but I have tried to focus on choosing JOY amid the fears and tears. 
Some days it's easy.
I could never have imagined, back in January, that I would be celebrating a new pup in our family!    
I could never have imagined, back in January. that I would be planning to cap off the year with a big, joyous, dress-up, once in a lifetime type celebration of life!
Some day, it's surreal.   
I could never have imagined the POPE, of all people, would be talking about MY OLW!  SERIOUSLY, I almost lost my lunch when I read that HE said in a recent speech, that the secret to JOY was:


1. “Live and let live.” 
2. “Be giving of yourself to others.” 
3. “Proceed calmly” in life. 
4. “A healthy sense of leisure.” "art, literature and playing together with children"
5. "Sundays should be holidays." 
6. "Find jobs for all." “Dignity from one’s own labor"
7. Respect and take care of nature. 
8. Stop being negative. 
9. Don’t proselytize; respect others’ beliefs. 
10. Work for peace. 
http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/1403144.htm

Perhaps he reads my blog?

2 comments:

Ramona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ramona said...

So fun to read your reflections on your OLW. Thanks for sharing the Pope's thoughts on joy. I celebrate your journey this year to live with joy in your heart.