Labels

Monday, December 24, 2012

Let There Be Peace In Our Hearts This Christmas

 

Last year, I wrote this free verse poem to synthesize my feelings.  Most of it is the same as last year....but because REVISION IS WRITING as my new pencils say (THANKS JESSICA) I am doing a little bit of revising before I repost! 
I sure could use just one more day...
One day to clean, prepare, cook, wrap, share with others..
I guess I feel like this almost every year,,
I should have started earlier...baked and frozen cookies in November...
Shopped in August...
Wrapped in November (during the "vacation"
Cleaned every week all year through...
Or Gotten someone to help me clean...:)
I guess I (and most other people on earth)
Feel like Mary probably felt that first Christmas 2000+ years ago...
Not quite ready in all the little ways I might wish to be...
But ready in my heart
To give and accept the love and hope this season offers to all of us...
SO even if your presents are not all shopped for..
Even if they are not all wrapped...
Even if those gifts you WANT to make are still in your head...
Even if your cookies are burned and there is flour on the floor..
Even if only half your cards are written..
Even if you are not sure what you sent out..
Even if you wish you had......_______________.....
Even though I am sure you, like me are concerned..
Even if your are consumed with prayers for those hurting this season
Even if your heart is heavy..
Even if your future is blurry...
I wish for you
A holy and peaceful Christmas Eve
A joyous and peace-filled Christmas Day
A season when your family, whatever it looks like
Not only tolerates
But also grows in love and understanding
And acceptance of us all as imperfect beings
With the potential for limitless love..
It's PEACE I wish for most of all
In our world
In our families
In our hearts



No comments: