Can you imagine
Always wearing enormous wigs in public?
Invariably using gaudy make up?
Constantly donning bigger-than-life clothes?
Frequently sweating in rhinestone-studded pieces?
Unfailingly working harder than anyone around?
Repeatedly giving to make others' lives easier?
Invariably thinking about the gifts you have been given?
Generously gifting millions of books to children?
Securing a spot in history without plastering you name on things?
Becoming unilaterally respected for honesty and hard work?
Eternally being remembered for your kindness and generosity?
Last night, I added a few songs to the playlist for my class in respect to the icon who will be remembered for her kindness and generosity rather than her accumulation of wealth. She shared her message through lyrics based on her roots and values. She preached a message, I believe, in how she lived her life and how she used her gifts to make the world brighter and better.

2 comments:
Amen
When The Gambler by Kenny Rogers came out, I listened to that record until it was as thin as an onion skin. And then when Dolly started singing with Kenny, it was a match made in heaven for me. I loved, loved that duo and played their music on repeat. I'm planning to make the trip to Nashville on Saturday to be at the Opry for the tribute show. Nosebleed seats, but we love to go to the Grand Ole Opry every chance we get when we are in Nashville. This time, though, we're going JUST for the Dolly tribute. I can't wait to cry and laugh.
Post a Comment