Labels

Tuesday, August 25, 2026

SOL26: August 25: Bring a Smile

I'm sharing with my Slice of Life Community today.

"That was a tough one" someone uttered as we quickly dressed after a really good, but very hard, early morning aqua-core class. 

"She always brings her A-Game," someone else muttered as she slid into her sneakers.

"She always has a smile, even at this hour which is meant for sleeping"  someone else grumbled, but then standing up and correcting her tone added. "and she could be grumpy as she cares for a disabled spouse and still puts on a smile." 

I had gotten up earlier than usual to get ideas from this master teacher before teaching my own aqua-exercise class later in the day. I was smiling remembering that familiar lesson even though I needed a sweatshirt as protection against the the back-to-school air.  Teachers can make any lesson more palatable with a smile. 


 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A smile can change a person 's outlook. It lights up our face as well as the faces of those around us. A smile is a quick easy attitude adjustment. arjeha

Glenda Funk said...

Anita,
As I read I thought about how much better every day went as a teacher if I arrived putting on a happy face. The same is true outside the classroom, too, so I’m gonna try to remind myself of that daily. Also, for years I went to 5:30 am gym classes and marveled at the happy spin, body pump, and other instructors.

Lori Sheroan said...

So true! I love how you used a snippet of conversation to structure your slice. I felt like a fly on the wall!!! Great slice!

Denise Krebs said...

Anita, what a great mentor to have in this smiling instructor. I like the was you use bolded words in your posts for emphasis. And as Lori mentioned, the direct quotes are very effective. Enjoy teaching your own water exercise class!

Kim Johnson said...

You remind us that smiling is a choice. Choosing kindness and joy is an option every day, even when times are tough. I like that you showed someone who did this and how it made it better for everyone.