Labels

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Best Day

Some day....some day.....I might just publish one of my stories....but for now, here is my writerly life lead of the day!

Let me tell you about one of the best days of my life.  It didn't really start out so well, but, it was a super wonderful day.  No kidding. 

It started out like any other day in June, kind of hot and sticky even at the breakfast table. My mom was rushing around getting ready for a phone conference and telling us we should hurry.  I was feeling hotter and stickier just watching her!  It was a  the kind of day when I wanted to slow up, sink into a chair and read.
But, I listened to mom and ran out the door to the bus, just in time. The air was even sticker there and I sat next to Kevin who must have skipped his bath last night. It was like sitting next to a dirty clothes basket. 

So far, this does not sound like the best of days does it!

Anyway, during the morning announcements, Mr. L. announced a new school-wide reading program.  He said it was something that Mr. Booker, the most fabulous library-man in the world, invented.  I told stinky-Kevin to stop talking because I LOVE everything that Mr. Booker says and does. I love the way he talks and really becomes the character when he is reading out-loud.  I love the way he hunches over and pretends to me mad when kids have over-due books.  I love the way he smiles when he has a new book to share with me.

That's when my day started to become the best day ever!    

No comments: