Labels

Friday, March 10, 2017

#sol17 Day 10 Today

Someday soon, 
Tiny crocuses
Like those poking their heads up yesterday,
Will be joined by graceful tulips
And bold daffodils
They will dance in the spring breeze
Under sun-shiny skies
Amid fresh blades of green, green grass,
To be adored by walkers, joggers and runners,
Bike-riders and squealing children.

But, today,
It is still winter.
The ground is covered 
With a "lovely" fresh, wet, white, blanket,
The still bare trees are decorated
With white sweaters and jackets.
Our sweaters, mittens, and boots,
Are back in service 
While visions of shoveling,
Snow people and snow angels,
Resurface.  
The tulips on my windowsill
Are sitting amid the late-winter-white
 Reminders to embrace and enjoy today
Reminders of what is ahead 
Someday, soon.
   


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for cheering me up on my surprise snowy day too! Your words make it seem so lovely!

Tara said...

Thanks for reframing my thinking about snow, this snowy March day.

Linda B said...

I think we all have spring floating in our minds, Anita. I wish we had some of that snow first, but so far not a flake. Beautiful poem, today.