Labels

Friday, March 1, 2019

#sol19 March 1 After All These Years

I'm excited
First day of school-like jitters.
I'm apprehensive
Write for 31 days?
Not sure I can do this challenge,
Even though it's my 8th season!!!!!!!!

This year should be easier,
I retired in June
From teaching reading to children.
Some days, I read in bed til 7!
But I'm still working as a professor, 
With, slides, reader responses, case studies.
I'm still working as a mentor teacher,
With demo lessons, power lunches,
I'm still supervising student teachers,
With schedules and suggestions
I'm still supporting a researcher from overseas,
With consults, support
Still, I should have a little more time?

 I'm still a Mom, a Meme, 
An Auntie, a Great-Auntie
A Sister, Sister-in-law, friend.
Still trying to settle an estate.
I still have a kitchen to renovate
Quilts to sew,
Shows to see,
Places to go.
I'm still trying to nourish myself
With more exercise,
Better nutrition, 
More books. 

I'm still excited
To find new friends,
To read other's stories,
To be part of the Community
After all these years.
Let the madness begin.



1 comment:

Deb Day said...

Wow, Anita, your retirement is a lot busier than mine! But you can do this--there's a little time each day for writing :)