Labels

Friday, March 27, 2020

#sol20 Day 27 It Will Be Better

The sun had just peeked over  I horizon as I left for an early morning walk. To be honest, I had been feeling a bit like a "caged bird" and I hoped some fresh air and exercise might alleviate my mood and lead to a productive day.  I watched a few dog walkers, clearly in pajamas, and a few joggers, clearly attempting to maintain their routines, as lines from Maya Angelou's Caged Bid iBtrd were invading my thoughts: 

The caged bird sings
with a fearful trill
of things unknown
but longed for still
After a few blocks, I "hit my (walking) stride" just as the local bird population, back from their winter in the south, filled the morning air with sound. I kept going a bit longer than I had originally planned and as I arrived back home and quickly Googeled the Angelou poem which I knew included a line about a "free bird."Before I reached my intended site, my very favorite MA quote appeared and I knew I was where I needed to be to find inspiration for the day.

I've learned that no matter what happens,
Or how bad it seems today,
Life does go on,
It will be better tomorrow. 



1 comment:

Tim Gels said...

Thank you for sharing this. Life will be better, I do not doubt it.