Labels

Thursday, March 11, 2021

#sol21 March 11 The Backhoe

"Can I get the backhoe, pleeeeeeaaaasssse?" he asked with hope that I would open the long closed garage door. 

We both still had gloves on to keep our fingers warm, but certainly the sun spoke clearly of the impending season. And so, after many months, I opened the door to where the backhoe (and its friend bulldozer) were hibernating.  

There would be no digging in the still frozen ground, yet, but the lingering "piles" of snow would be perfect places to make sure the backhoe was ready for a spring season filled with mud!  

"Look," he implored, "it still works!" Then, he was far too busy to speak as he and the backhoe carefully moved lingering snow piles to new locations as if they both were destined to do this task on this still-snow-covered-but-sunny morning filled with the promise spring was very near.


 

2 comments:

Margaret Simon said...

That little backhoe is a gem. I'm sure he had a great time with it. These special times make great slices.

Denise Krebs said...

Oh, my Anita, what a joyful post. I see what you did there. The whole time I was thinking of a big backhoe and real yard work that needed to be done. When I saw the photo, I smiled and had to reread. So precious!