Labels

Saturday, March 13, 2021

#sol21 March 13 This Year

 

I'm participating in Two Writing Teacher's 
March Slice of Life Challenge

I (we) wrote about a hard week,
I (we) could not have imagined,
A year marked by:
Virtual, hybrid, zoom-based learning.
I (we) could never have dreamed
Lysol, masks, food, toilet paper shortages.
I (we) could not plan for a year
Family, friends, hugs apart. 

Today, I'm (we're) thinking of all those lost,
Their families, friends.
Those postponing celebrations, holidays,
Those alone, lonely, saddened by this year.

I'm (we're) wishing recovery to businesses,
Small-big, new-old, failing, hanging on.
School, state and local budgets,
Learning, adolescence, childhood,
Revised by this year.

I'm (we're) hopeful that we have learned 
To be grateful, listen more, slow down, 
To appreciate game night, grocery shopping, 
Movie going, concert expenses,
Travel hassles, family celebrations,
The power of a loved one's hug.

1 comment:

Lisa Keeler said...

Yes to all of this. And the reflecting posts I'm reading, including yours, are so good and also hard. I think the interest in/need to reflects just shows how we all use writing to process and how we can teach our students to do the same.