Labels

Monday, March 21, 2022

#sol22 March 21 A Quilt and a Cold

 

When he asked, "Is anyone going to make a quilt?" I really wasn't sure I could pull it off even though I have made many tiny quilts stitched with love and care for tiny miracles. The semester was in high gear and the workload was heavy. I have started and stopped a bevy of sewing projects in the last year. Plus, these days it is an ordeal to find great fabric locally.

Then, I came down with a heavy duty cold.  I came down with the nose blowing, tell-tale coughing, and whole body shivering kind of cold that leaves tissues near by and me at home for more than a week. As the shivering abated, I started cutting fabric culled from a collection of fabric in my big old steamer trunk. Then, I masked up and headed out to find fabric for a backing. Then, I started sewing, piecing, remembering some favorite baby quilts and the "babies" who played on and were wrapped in love. 

In retrospect, I guess I needed the reset of that cold far more than any babe needs any quilt!


1 comment:

eddie said...

First off I'm glad you're feeling better. I love how you were able to "weave" the halting nature of illness into the completion of, and reflection on, the knitting project. The whole experience will add a little something special to the end result for sure. Plus, bonus, it led to a well crafted and telling slice. Thanks for sharing!