Labels

Thursday, March 31, 2022

#sol22 March 31 This Ending Leaves Me to Ponder

 

I tried to notice, grab, write about,
What I saw, experienced, felt,
The moments I wanted to remember,
As boring as I think my life is these days,
I left a lot of slices (experiences) out,
I also left out times when
Anxieties, worries, concerns, issues,
Filled my heart and mind.

I am reminded that writing
Is like exercising, eating healthy,
It's easier when it's a regular part
Of every day.

 I am left with many questions
About writing workshop
In real classrooms in real schools
Where time is crunched
Where writing time is often
Compromised
Where writing gaps are often
Glaring. 

This ending leaves me
To ponder
How to help all students
Notice, grab, write about 
The moments they want to remember
Even if their lives are
Filled with worries
Or thought to be boring!


1 comment:

Trina Bartel said...

I love this post! I share so many of the same thoughts as you did. It's so interesting about what we decide to publically share and what we omit, isn't it? Thanks for writing beside me this year!