Labels

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

#sol18 I Had Better Get Going!

It was dark in my when I got home last night.  Eerily dark.  There were no lights in windows and no street lights.  I knew, without flipping a switch, that power was out. With all the trees still leaning over power lines after last week's storms, power outages have become routine.

I ran through potential morning scenarios in my mind as I charged my phone in the dark car, on the dark street, on a dark night. It was snowing lightly and based on the weather reports,there might be a delay? Either way, there would be a messy commute. It was a parent-teacher conference morning and I had to be on time. I'd need the alarm app.  I'd need sleep.

I crawled into bed, long past my bedtime, in a dark bedroom with a charged cell nearby and the alarm on high. I was overtired, so it took me a few minutes to fall into a somewhat less than blissful sleep, but I did not allow myself to check the time even once! 

Then, in what seemed the blink of an eye, the lights in my room, in the hallway, in the bathroom, on the street, all of them, were doing their thing!  "I had better get going," I thought to myself as I crawled out of bed and hopped into the shower on auto-pilot.  Standing in the shower, I realized the alarm had NOT gone off! The wall clock confirmed my suspicion! 

  

6 comments:

Ramona said...

And what time was it when you hopped in the shower???

elsie said...

Oh no! I hope you were able to get some sleep (after your shower).

Unknown said...

Hahaha, automatic pilot strikes again. A celebration to have electricity and a frustration that you had a false start!

Unknown said...

Yes, I'm so curious...what time was it? Perhaps this is a part 1 of 2? :) Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Oh! So good that your power came on so you could get that hot shower...even in the middle of the night!

Unknown said...

I, much like the others wondered about the time of your shower!!