Labels

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

#sol23 March 15 Sympathy

 

I'm participating in Two Writing Teachers' March Writing Challenge
Taking small moments of my daily life
And reflecting on what they mean in my life. 

I added two "Strength and Conditioning" classes to my weekly exercise routine. It's a bit of a challenge and I'm a bit sore, especially my shoulders. I hope there will be fewer push ups, today.

"If you want sympathy, look in the dictionary," she would say.

This afternoon and evening, I teach back to back classes. It's a long time to stand and "profess" and certainly, my students will be exhausted from the demands of report cards, a snowstorm, and the time changes the week. 

"If you want sympathy, look in the dictionary," she would say.

My front door won't lock unless I hoist it up from the bottom with a screwdriver. I thought it was just the cold weather that was making the lock's alignment "funky," but today it is warmer and the same thing is happening.  

"If you want sympathy, look in the dictionary," she would say.

Certainly, these are small, "first world kind of issues" that really don't even fit in the category of "problems."  They are the kind of "real life issues" that I might have moaned about to my mother back when I was much younger.    

Perhaps that is why her response to my first world issues pops into my head!

2 comments:

Fran said...

Oh my, your mother! that’s a great quote. You dont tell us how it makes you feel, to hear your mother in your mind at these moments? Inspiring or annoying?

Leigh Anne Eck said...

Isn't it funny how we can still hear our mother's comments! The repetition of her comment makes this sound so authentic...just how a mother would repeat herself!