Labels

Monday, March 20, 2023

#sol23 March 20 The Alexia Game

 

"Alexia, can you play Track 1 song 1," one of the participants asked politely.

"Yes, Mame, track 1 song 1," Alexia repeated in a robotic voice. "And now all we have is bad blood, just bad blood...all we have is bad blood......" she (Alexia) crooned.

"Alexa, can you play Track 1 song 2," was the next request when the music stopped.
"Yes, Mame," Alexia responded again, robotically.  "Let it go, let it go........" played the requested song

In the old days, when we found ourselves on the interstate, we played I Spy With my Little Eye or the License Plate Game. In the days of the internet, when on the interstate, we play Alexia. 

I smiled thinking about the fictional TV series long ago (1962-63), The Jetsons, that somehow predicted how times would be a-changing!


3 comments:

Leigh Anne Eck said...

Isn't it kind of creepy how they "knew" what was to come?!? I didn't remember her name being Alexia, which makes it even more creepy!

drferreriblogspot.com said...

ACTUALLY, the maid/robot/do it all was named Rosie and I only know because I looed it up...but it is really creepy to me how they predicted so much of what is norm today - such as zoom calls!

Suzanne said...

Your words are so true! We very quickly find ourselves surrounded by the future! I loved the Jetsons growing up. Rosie the robot was the best!