Labels

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

#sol23 March 7 A Writer in Training and a Diplomat


My littles do not yet know
 Of my wanna-be writerly life,
They do not yet know 
Of my passion for literacy.
They do not yet know
I cherish every move 
Of their literacy journeys.

They do know 
I love to share books,
They do know 
I love to read to them,
They do know 
I love them to read to me,

First notes from one of my littles
To me, Meme,
 And to the other grandmother,
 Mom Mom.

Clearly, this is a writer-in-training
And, a diplomat as well

5 comments:

Trina Bartel said...

Those love of books will go SO far! I love that you are cultivating this - such a precious gift.

arjeha said...

Children learn by observing those around them. You are a great example to your granddaughter,.

Fran said...

I love the juxtaposition of the first 2 verses- what your grandchild doesn’t know, and what they know. Then the 3rd verse- what they do!

Trish said...

I keep thinking about how those notes, a reflection of you and your granddaughter's relationship, are like breadcrumbs along a path that you are traveling. I am sure they won't be the last you'll receive either.

Ramona said...

Kudos to your grandchild's mama for encouraging this writing (or maybe it was a project completed with Meme). I totally identify with these words from your post:
"I cherish every move
Of their literacy journeys."
Isn't it so joyful to watch their journeys?