Labels

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

#sol23 March28 No, No, No, No, No!

 

This month, I am writing my thoughts
Based on real slices of my life and thought
With Two Writing Teachers  
I really do not want to write this slice. 

On a day when every nearby forsythia emerged from hibernation as if needed.  
On a day when the rain held off just long enough for outdoor recess and runs across the courtyard,  
On a day when worries and concerns were stacked vertically in order to find enough space.
On a day when a struggling economy and a shaky diplomacy infused our news.
On a day when the promise of spring was clear in the morning sky and the need for a light jacket.
On a day when some children were learning to read and others were learning to write.
On a day when politics and power attempted to be news.

There was yet another school under attack.
There were children who lost their lives, their future, their story.
There were educators who lost their lives, their future, their story.

I cannot and will not ever understand how anyone, anywhere could ever attack innocent children.
I cannot and will not ever understand how anyone, anywhere could ever attack educators.

I do not want to write this post.
I do not want to believe this has happened again.

In my head, I am screaming No, No, No, No.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your no, no, no, no is echoing in many hearts.

Diane Anderson (newtreemom)

Barbara Edler said...

I feel the same. Thank you for sharing this horror and pain so well through your poem. Aching today!

Becky Leff said...

This is sadly so true. You have expressed the feelings of many teachers. And others.